- Stratasys – makers of the Mojo 3D printer
- Your Company Name Here! – Contact Dr. Andrew N. Blackwood at andrew.blackwood (at) nysf.com or (304) 205-9724 x 91 for information.
The NYSF plans to upgrade the NYSCenter’s STEM education capabilities by establishing three MakerSpaces:
Collectively, these MakerSpaces will foster engineering-oriented pursuits such as electronics, robotics, 3-D printing, computer programming and networking, and the use of CNC tools, as well as more traditional activities such as metalworking, woodworking, and, mainly, its predecessor, the traditional arts and crafts. The NYSF will establish partnerships with other education organizations, including local and regional public and private schools, to enrich education opportunities and to facilitate meeting science and mathematics education standards.
These MakerSpaces will enable programs like the National Youth Science Camp (NYSCamp) and the Youth Science Discovery Experience (YSDE) to make tangible connections between abstract topics introduced in traditional lectures and directed studies and real-world hands-on projects. Academic areas at the NYSCamp will be modernized and enhanced to become focal-points of innovation and discovery.
- NYSCamp Physical Science Area will become the MakerSpaceLAB
- NYSCamp Computer Science Area will become the MakerSpaceIT
- NYSCamp Applied Arts Center will become the MakerSpaceSHOP